Great enthusiasm and technical support.
A true professional.
Understanding and encouraging.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Frances qualified as an English Solicitor in September 2015 and was admitted to the Jersey Bar as an Advocate of the Royal Court in December 2019. She became a Partner of Voisin Law in January 2024.
Frances advises local and international individuals and businesses in relation to a broad range of contentious civil matters, including commercial, trust and estate disputes, freezing orders, fraud and asset recovery, personal injury and clinical negligence.
Frances regularly appears before Jersey’s courts to represent clients in relation to civil and criminal matters. She is adept at all forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution having settled a number of significant trust, personal injury and a range of other disputes at mediation.
Frances provides her clients with clear and practical advice with a focus on achieving cost effective solutions.
– Protecting the rights of a local corporate lender faced with a defence of frustration arising from the Covid-19 pandemic, by obtaining summary judgment.
– Appearing before the Court of Appeal to successfully defend an appeal against a decision of the Royal Court arising from longstanding litigation concerning reciprocal enforcement of an English judgment.
– Successfully applying to set aside a trust on the basis of mistake.
– Appointed as amicus curiae to assist the Superior Number of the Royal Court in relation to an appeal by a defendant arising from convictions under the Proceeds of Crime (Jersey) Law 1999 and the Criminal Offences (Jersey) Law 2009.
– Settling a number of substantial personal injury claims and securing a significant damages award for a client after a Royal Court trial.
Frances grew up in Jersey and initially joined Voisin in 2008 as a bursary student. She completed a Master of Arts Degree with Honours in Ancient History at the University of Edinburgh and subsequently a Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course at the University of Law, York. She joined Voisin on a full-time basis in 2013. Frances’ commercial and trust litigation practice is complemented by her experience within Voisin’s Commercial Department.
Frances was shortlisted for the CityWealth Future Leaders Awards 2023, in the category of Lawyer of the Year IFC – Associate.